How To Naturally Enhance Your Curves At Home
Having a perfect hourglass body shape has become in thing in today’s society.
The curvy body allows ladies to rock different types of outfits. Men also adore ladies with this type of look. It’s an embodiment of beauty and screams, ‘a lady who likes to take care of herself’.
So, enough rambling about the benefits of an hourglass figure. If you are looking to naturally grow your curves at home this is a good read for you.
Let's start off with:
Why Avoid Artificial Methods of Increasing Curves?
With this in mind(the benefits), some ladies go to great lengths to acquire this coveted look. They adopt artificial methods which most of the time lead to serious health problems.
Some of these methods include:
- Using botch creams and injections to increase the butt and hips.
- Using special pads to create an illusion of being well endowed.
- Using surgical procedures for butt implants and trimming belly fat.
Using these kinds of methods is like throwing darts blindfolded and hoping that you hit the bull’s eye. Sometimes it works. Usually, it doesn’t.
Fortunately, there’s a better and more reliable way.
Ways To Naturally Increase Your Hips and Butt and Trim Your Belly Fat
This comes down to eating the right type of food and performing the right kinds of exercises — those that target your hips, glutes, and core.
The exercises also have benefits to your overall health.
Let’s start with the foods required:
Foods That Help Grow Your Curves
These are some of the foods that contain a healthy dose of fats that can help with your gains:
- Plant-based proteins.
Dietary supplements like fish oil tablets can also be useful.
Foods to Avoid
To avoid an increase in fat around your belly, avoid these types of food:
- Sugary foods and drinks.
- Junk food.
Excessive consumption of these hampers your fitness progress.
So we now have the right foods in check. Let’s dive into the exercise part:
Home-Based Workouts That Enhance Your Curves
These workouts are compound exercises — they mostly target your glutes, hips, and abs simultaneously.
It would be best if you do them at least three times a week for significant results.
Here’s a quick video summary of the workouts if you prefer watching:
Let’s get started on different types of exercises that can help with your gains.
It’s one of the most popular and effective workouts.
How To Perform Squats
- Stand in an upright position and slightly spread your feet(shoulder-width apart). Your toes need to point out slightly.
- Bend your knees and push your hips and butt back(as if you are about to sit on a chair).
- Keep your gaze up, your neck neutral, and your back straightened.
- Move down until your thighs are parallel to the floor/ground.
- Make sure that you keep your weight in your heels and knees bowed slightly outward.
- Extend your legs and slowly return to an upright position.
- Squeeze your glutes when you reach an upright position.
This counts as one rep. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Here are some variations to the exercise:
- Sumo squats.
- Jump squats.
- Pop squats.
- Ski squats.
The glute bridge is an excellent alternative to squats. It can be useful to people unable to squat due to back, hip or knee pain.
How to Perform a Glute Bridge
- Start in a lying position on the ground with your face up and arms to the side. Your knees should be bent and heels flat on the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs and lift your hips off the ground until the shoulder, hips and knees are in a straight line.
- Squeeze your glutes when you reach up and keep your abs drawn in to prevent overextending your back.
- Hold the position for a couple of seconds and slowly ease back down to the starting position.
Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
Glute Bridge Variations
These are some of the variations:
- Hip thrusts.
- Single leg glute bridge.
- Medicine ball glute bridge.
- Glute bridge and curl.
As you can guess, this workout mimics the kick of a donkey.
How To Perform Donkey Kicks
- Start in a quadruped position(on all fours). Your neck and spine should be neutral, your hands under your shoulders and your knees hip-width apart.
- Start lifting your left leg until the sole of your feet is facing the ceiling. Bend your knee at 90 degrees.
- Use your glute to press your foot directly towards the ceiling and squeeze your glute when you reach the top.
- Your pelvis and working hips should not sag in this position.
- Return to the starting position and switch to the right leg.
Perform 3 sets of 15 reps.
Donkey Kick Variations.
Here are some variations to the workout:
- Straight leg donkey kick.
- Resistant band donkey kick.
The fire hydrant mimics a dog peeing on a hydrant.
How to Perform a Fire Hydrant
- Start in an all-fours position. Your neck should be in a neutral position, your back straightened, and your hands under your shoulders.
- While keeping your abs drawn in and your left leg bent at 90 degrees, lift your leg out to the left side to the maximum of your ability.
- Slowly return to the starting position and switch to the left leg.
Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Variations of the Fire Hydrant
Here are some variations of the exercise.
- Forearm fire hydrant.
- Weighted fire hydrant.
- Bear crawl fire hydrant.
How to Perform Lunges
- Start in an upright standing position with the right foot forward and the left foot positioned about 3 feet behind.
- Keep your front knee behind the toes and move down, pushing through the front heel.
- Slowly move back to starting position and make sure you don't lock your knees at the top of the movement.
- Switch to the left foot forward and repeat the procedure.
Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
A perfect hourglass shape can be challenging to achieve. Each person has a unique shape and size, and this is due to genetics.
So don't be too hard on yourself trying to achieve the cliche body standards. Your main goal should be to keep fit for a healthy living. This will make you comfortable in your own skin.
“Beauty is the opposite of perfection-Its about confidence, charisma and character.”
What Did I miss?
Let me know in the comments section below: